An update on the life and times of the Patik family.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Best Biscuits EVER!

A small known Beezy fact: I do not like and won't open pressured rolls of dough (ie: biscuits, cinnamon rolls, etc.) 

Here's my own biscuit recipe that is easy enough to whip up any time of day!

1 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1/3 C. shortening
1/4 t. salt
2 1/2 T. baking powder
3/4 C. milk


-Heat oven to 450 degrees farenheit. 
-In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking powder. Add the shortening and mix together. You can use a pastry cutter, but I just use my fingers to mix it together. You're looking for a crumble texture to the mixture. 
-Add the milk and stir together until dough starts to form and it moves away from the edges of the bowl. 
-Transfer to a lightly floured surface and kneed about 10 times.
-Shape into a ball and roll out to 1/4" thick.
-Cut your biscuits with biscuit cutter, or a round cookie cutter. 
-Place in round glass baking dish and bake for 10-12 min. 

We love our biscuits with butter and honey, but serve with anything!  I've used this as a top to my chicken pot pie and it is fantastic. I recently tried these as dumplings for Chicken & Dumplings...delicious!  Add a bit more milk until it is a moister dough and then drop in to the bowling soup/stew and let cook 10 minutes covered.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I left a message yesterday, but I was on my phone so I probably messed it up!!

    Have you ever made cinnamon rolls with this? Cinnamon rolls and monkey bread are the only things I buy those scary rolls for. Why do they have to be so scary?!

    Angie
    www.moresugarthanspice.com

    ReplyDelete