An update on the life and times of the Patik family.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Changes and Phases

Lots of baby news this week...birthdays, new births and new announcements are ringing in my ears and it is only half way through the week!  With the start of new life around me I can't help but think about my years since becoming a mom.  Hard for me to even believe it has been 5 years since I started sharing my news of expecting.  My how my life has changed!

One thing I've learned is that as a parent you grow with your child. I think about my friends as new parents and the lessons they will learn and teach their children.  From the first day we are teaching love, but even more simpler lessons like scheduled eating and sleeping and maintaining a calm being.  (Well, my kids know scheduled eating and sleeping and they maintain a calm being almost all the time! HA!)

But, I find I am not just teaching but guiding my kids now. They are both old enough to make simple decisions for themselves and to work independently at certain tasks. I find that now I need to let go a little more and teach them how to spread their wings in the world around them.  It is empowering and enlightening and a little sad.

I do miss the days of my tiny babies, when I held the key to all they needed. We are growing together...and soon they will be grown.  (I do secretly hope they'll always need their mommy!)

1 comment:

  1. It seems like yesterday I was moving you around in life and making sure you next steps were on the right path, I guess I did a good job cause now you are on th essame path !! Love you so much & So proud of you daughter!!

    ReplyDelete